BEST WESTERN Ramkota Hotel
920 W Sioux Avenue, Pierre, SD 57501-1800
Phone: 605/224-6877 | Fax: 605/224-1042 | 151 Rooms
Check Out Time: 11:00 AM | Check In: 4:00 PM | Online Reservations
Welcome to the BEST WESTERN Ramkota Hotel!
Our pet-friendly hotel in Pierre, SD welcomes furry friends because, whether hunting or on vacation, sometimes you need everyone on the trip.
From fishing and hunting to simply relaxing in the great outdoors, our Pierre hotel provides a great location for guests who want to get away from it all. Enjoy the best in customer service, clean spacious rooms and a superior location on your trip to South Dakota. If we can do anything to help make your trip even better, just ask. We go the extra mile to make sure your stay is comfortable.
Hotels in Pierre, SD offer some of the best customer service available. Most of our Pierre hotel guests are here for recreation, whether it is fishing, hunting, boating, hiking, biking, bird watching or swimming. Water recreation is big in the area, and you won't find cleaner, crisper or more refreshing options anywhere else. We know what getting back to nature really means, and you and your entire family will always remember the stunning vistas in this region.
Conventions and businesses also bring many travelers to our Pierre hotel. In fact, Pierre, SD hotels are a haven for travelers looking for a comfortable and quiet place to call their home away from home while in town for work. Some of our regular guests are employees of SD Rural Electric Cooperative, SD Municipal League, SD County Officials, State Legislature, Avera Health Care and Great Lakes. Commutes are quick and easy to many top companies. With meeting and event facilities, our Pierre hotel makes your business trip stress-free.
We are located adjacent to the Missouri River, and you can see the river from many rooms in our Pierre hotel. We have down and out rooms where you can drive up to the door for easy baggage unloading. We pride ourselves on offering guests everything they need for a great stay. An on-site café and tavern means you don't have to go far for a great meal.
Book your next stay at the BEST WESTERN Ramkota Hotel.
Hotel Amenities & Services
- Wireless internet connection in public areas
- Exercise facilities
- 100% smoke-free hotel
- Restaurant on-site
- Indoor pool, heated, and childrens wading pool with accessible pool lift
- Hot tub -Whirlpool
- Exercise facility Open from 5:00 a.m. to 2:20 a.m. 3 treadmills, bike
- Guest laundry nominal fee per machine
- 24-hour front desk
- Cocktail lounge RiverCentre Tavern open daily at 11am - 2am serving lunch & dinner, casual setting, large screen TV, video lottery
- Ice/vending machines -Free ice for coolers
- Safe deposit box
- Local shuttle, complimentary
- Free Parking
- Meeting facilities -16 meeting/banquet rooms. 2 state of the art Amphitheaters
- Fax service -24 hours
- Catering service
- Interior/Exterior corridor
- Porterage/bell services 6am - 2am
- Laundromat, daily valet service available
- Late check out upon availability of check-in groups
- Kiosk 6 ft table / linen & skirted
- Business center desk, computer, printer available in lobby area
- Printer available
- Computer available
- Computer modem hookups
- Photocopy, nominal fee
- Photocopy machine
- Conference services
- Exhibit services
- Notary public
- Video conferencing
- Mail services drop at Front Desk
- Wedding services, Check with Catering Department
- Banquet facilities seating up to 1500, theme parties available, catering off site also available
- Conference facilities 16 different rooms / wireless high speed Internet in all areas of hotel
- Ballroom 12,000 sq ft with wooden dance floor
- Free wireless in all guest rooms, desk, computer
- Coffee shop, River Centre Cafe is open 6am - 10pm serving breakfast, lunch and dinner specials
- Hearing impaired services tdd phone on site
- Physically challenged facilities restaurant, lounge and all meeting rooms accessible
- Cold weather hook-ups 20 outdoor outlets available for guests
- Airport car 24 hours
- Express check out
- Free wireless Internet available in public areas; Free in-room wireless Internet access; Free wireless Internet access available in public areas and all guest rooms
- Hotel overlooks Missouri River
- Indoor courtyard
- Five acres of grass area
- Guide service information: hunting, fishing and recreation
- ATM, 24-hours
- Game/fish cleaning shed
- Locked freezer space
- prepare guests catch / game of the day in restaurant or lounge/ also prepare sack lunches.
BEST WESTERN Ramkota Hotel
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western ramkota hotel in Pierre.
BEST WESTERN Ramkota Hotel
Conveniently located, the best western ramkota hotel in Pierre, South Dakota is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 44.373175 / Latitude: -100.364665
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: Interstate 90. Take Exit 212 and travel north of Pierre. The BEST WESTERN Ramkota Hotel is located on Highway 14/83/34, on the west side of Pierre.
BEST WESTERN Ramkota Hotel
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
Set just north of downtown Pierre, the Oahe Downstream Recreation Area is a wonderful travel destination in central South Dakota.
Perfect during summer, there's a world of fun awaiting – from the fishing and boating, to the hiking and biking trails.
Make the short drive north from Pierre and explore. You won't want to miss the winter season, when the Bald Eagle is in full flight and easily viewed from Oahe Downstream Recreation Area.
Keep an eye open on the cottonwood trees where the Bald Eagles tend to nest.
Established in 1942 as the Pierre Army Airfield, Pierre Regional Airport (PIR) is a public airport located just east of Pierre.
This 1,800-acre airport consists of two runways and two terminals in central South Dakota – just four miles east of the Missouri River. PIR is served by Great Lakes Airlines with frequent flights to Denver and the Twin Cities.
Just inland of the Missouri River in central South Dakota, the South Dakota Cultural Heritage Center preserve the history and culture of South Dakota. As you plan your next visit to Pierre, be sure to include some time spent at the South Dakota Cultural Heritage Center.
Opened in 1989, the heritage center is home to the South Dakota State Historical Society, a museum, and the State Archives. You'll find access to the SDCHS is free for kids 17 and younger, and seniors 60 and up. You'll want to sign up for a guided tour, which usually takes about an hour, and before you depart, head for the South Dakota Heritage Store for souvenirs.
Affectionately considered a "science playground for the whole family," the South Dakota Discover Center provides a fun and educational experiences with "please touch" interactive science and nature exhibits. The South Dakota Discovery Center is located in a huge, converted city power plant in the SD capital city of Pierre.
On your next trip through central South Dakota, be sure to check out aquariums stocked with walleye, gar, trout, and other Missouri River fish – all at the South Dakota Discovery Center. It's an ideal way to spend an afternoon with the kids. Allow them to illuminate their minds, spark the scientific imagination, and have a great time doing it at the South Dakota Discover Center.
South Dakota State Capitol
A beautiful Greek Revival-style capitol building, the South Dakota State Capitol in Pierre opened in 1910, and renovations have kept its original appearance fresh.
The latest restoration project involved stained glass in the Capitol’s dome and was completed by in time for the state’s 125th anniversary.
A premier attraction in central South Dakota, visitors enjoy a free guided or self-guided tour, as they are available seven days a week except on major holidays.
Be sure to check out the four memorials on the grounds, including the impressive Fighting Stallions Memorial and the Flaming Fountain.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 0.01 mile(s) from Pierre Visitor Bureau
- 0.10 mile(s) from Discovery Center & Aquarium, 60 hands on exhibits for interactive learning for children.
- 0.20 mile(s) from Steam Boat Park, with boat ramp, fishing pier, playground, shelter, theater, beach area, adjacent to hotel
- 0.60 mile(s) from State Capitol, built in 1910. Tours with local volunteers or self guided tours available.
- 0.60 miles(s) from National Guard Museum, established in 1862.
- 1.00 mile(s) from Historic Home Driving Tour
- 1.00 mile(s) from Veteran Memorials
- 1.00 mile(s) from South Dakota Cultural Heritage Museum
- 1.00 mile(s) from Casey Tibbs Statue
- 1.00 mile(s) from Verendrye Museum
- 5.00 mile(s) from Oahe Dam & Visiter Center, The visitor center is open to the public
- 23.00 mile(s) from Dances With Wolves Set, Houck Buffalo Ranch (Triple U Ranch)
- 172 mile(s) from Aberdeen.
- 200 mile(s) from Rapid City.
- 230 mile(s) from Sioux Falls.
- 220 mile(s) from Mt. Rushmore.
- 174 mile(s) from Sturgis.
- 0.30 mile(s) from Downtown, unique shops
- 5.00 mile(s) from Pierre Mall
- 5.00 mile(s) from Wal-Mart®
Distances to Popular Points of Interest
- 1.00 mile(s) from Fort Pierre
- 53.00 mile(s) from Murdo
- 85.00 mile(s) from Chamberlain
- 153.00 mile(s)from Mitchell
- 162.00 mile(s) from Aberdeen
- 172.00 mile(s) from Rapid City
- 191.00 mile(s) from Watertown
- 211.00 mile(s)from Bismark, ND
- 225.00 mile(s)from Sioux Falls
- 305.00 mile(s)from Sioux City, IA
- 393.00 mile(s)from Minneapolis, MN
- 405.00 mile(s)from Omaha, NE
- 522.00 mile(s)from Denver, CO
- 1.00 mile(s) from St Marys Hospital
- 1.00 mile(s) from SD GOED, Governors Office of Economic Development State Office
- 2.00 mile(s) from SD Department of Health, State Health Lab
- 2.00 mile(s) from State Attorney General, office
- 3.00 mile(s) from SD Community Foundation, non-profit
- 15.00 mile(s) from United Sioux Tribes, state office
- 6.00 mile(s) from Independent Insurance , agency
- 1.00 mile(s) from SD Bankers, State Bankers Association offices
- 1.00 mile(s) from U.S. Attorney's
- 0.75 mile(s) from SD Housing Authority
- 1.00 mile(s) from Harley
- 7.00 mile(s) from SD Realtors, state realtors offices
- 6.00 mile(s) from SD Cattlemen, state offices
- 1.00 mile(s) from SD Bankers.
- 2.50 mile(s) from Capitol University Center, college and adult education courses offered via state universities
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- 0.01 mile(s) from Missouri River, fishing and recreational activities, guide information/boat rental info available
- 0.01 mile(s) from hiking/biking, Lewis & Clark Trail-14 miles parallel to the Missouri River or LaFromboise Island/historical markers/ rest areas
- 0.01 mile(s) from Disc Golf, Pierre has 2 18-hole courses and on 9-hole course
- 0.03 mile(s) from canoe rental, rent a canoe or kayak, will drop you off at the dam and paddle back to the park adjacent to the hotel
- 0.08 mile(s) from boat rental at marina
- 0.10 mile(s) from biking, bikes available at property
- 1.00 mile(s) from Hilgers Gultch, a well lit walking trail and view of the capitol featuring historical identify makers of former SD Governors
- 2.00 mile(s) from kayaks / canoe, rental
- 3.00 mile(s) from bike and surrey rental, bike and surrey rentals available at State Parks in Pierre area
- 4.00 mile(s) from Farm Island, state park
- 4.00 mile(s) from Birding / Eagle watching, many diverse native species including Eagle, Owl, Falcon
- 4.00 mile(s) from The Dunes Golf Course, course on the way out to Lake Oahe
- 5.00 mile(s) from hunting and Fort Pierre
- 5.00 mile(s) from Lake Oahe
- 5.00 mile(s) from pheasant hunting
- 5.00 mile(s) from Hillsview Golf
- 8.00 mile(s) from marina
- River Centre Cafe, on premises, full service, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, open daily 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. serving american cuisine. Daily specials created to fit the needs of in house guests. Sunday and holidays we feature spectacular buffets. Room service available from 6am - 10pm
- River Centre Tavern, on premises, bar/lounge, American, open for: lunch, dinner, open daily at 11am serving lunch and dinner specials. Enjoy your favorite cocktail in a casual setting. Large screen television/video lottery drink specials and appetizers served from 5pm -6:30
- Adjacent to Red Rossa, full service, Italian, open for: lunch, dinner,
- 0.15 mile(s) from Guadalajara Mexican Restaurant, full service, Mexican, open for: lunch, dinner,
- 0.25 mile(s) from Longbranch, bar/lounge, American, open for: lunch, dinner,
- 0.30 mile(s) from Pier 347, coffee shop, American, open for: breakfast, lunch,
- 0.30 mile(s) from Karchers, deli, American, open for: lunch, Homemade Soup and Sandwiches. Fudge. Chocolates. Candy. Gelato. Pastries & More...
- 0.35 mile(s) from La Minestar, full service, Italian, open for: lunch, dinner,
- 0.35 mile(s) from Country Kitchen, full service, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner,
- 0.40 mile(s) from Bubba Rays, bar/lounge, American, open for: lunch, dinner,
BEST WESTERN Ramkota Hotel
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest and local area events happening in or near Pierre. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Local Events Worth Considering:
2015 Heartland Country Corn Maze
Find your way through an 11-acre corn field maze, open on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays this coming fall season. The family-friendly event is held in Harrisburg, just outside of Sioux Falls.
2015 Fall Parade of Homes
Sioux Falls visitors are invited to tour newly constructed homes during the Fall Parade of Homes. The homes are available for tour from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m on weekends and 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. on Mondays.
2015 Sidewalk Arts Festival
Art, shopping, food, music, and more throughout downtown Sioux Falls. The festival runs from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
2015 Sioux Falls Marathon Weekend
Join Sioux Falls residents as they run a 5K, half marathon, and marathon to support Children's Miracle Network.
Get into the Halloween spirit with Sioux Falls residents at the Great Plains Zoo, when the zoo sees three days of Halloween rides, jack-o-lanterns, tasty treats, and, of course, plenty of exotic animals. ZooBoo begins at 5:30 p.m.
2015 Autumn Festival
The Sioux Falls Conventions Center fills to the brim with unqiue collections of arts, crafts, home decor, homemade gifts, and more. The event will also feature live entertainment and food. The event begins at 11 a.m.
37th Annual Winterfest
Come get some holiday shopping done early at the Aberdeen Winterfest, held at the Aberdeen Civic Arena. The festival will feature homemade and unusual gifts for sale, live entertainment, and more, beginning at 10 a.m.
1880 Train Holiday Express
Catch a ride on the historic Black Hills Central Railroad1880 Train, departing from Hill City and arriving in the North Pole. Children can meet Santa, receive gifts, and enjoy the holiday cheer. Departure times vary by day.
2015 Christmas at the Capitol
Visit the South Dakota State Capitol this holiday season to view the dazzling decorations, nearly 100 festive trees, and the Grand Lighting Ceremony on November 24th. The displays are available seven days a week, from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
2015 Custer Christmas Parade & Holiday Gift Craft Fair
Join Custer residents as they celebrate the upcoming holiday with a parade of lights, shopping with downtown merchants, and more, all in downtown Custer. The event begins at 5:30 p.m.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean